Patrick Cody Cannon
775 South 300 West
Logan, UT 84321
"Welcome to the Realm of the Hawke"
I've been playing games for many many years. Lately, there hasn't been much 'love' given to game design. I want to help with that. So, instead of just complaining about it to myself and my friends, I want to join the team and help make the game of my dreams.
- 1993: Graduated 5th in my class from WestSide High School Dayton, ID.
- 2003: B.S. in Computer Science from Utah State University Logan, UT.
- 1996-1998: Web Programmer for the Utah Statesman (Newspaper for USU.)
Part of a two-man team that conceived, designed, implemented, and maintained the online version of the Utah Statesman. I was also the co-administrator of the Linux web-server.
- 1996-1998: Web Programmer for USU Continuing Education Department.
Designed and implemented the tools and framework for offering and administrating online courses for the "MicroBusiness" training from USU C.E. I developed the software to display the course material, and also the database to track the students, staff, courses, and registration and enrollment. I was also the administrator of the several Linux machines that the software ran on.
- 1998-Present: Second Tier Support Technician for Spillman Technologies.
Skilled technical support and server administration for law enforcement database software. Responsibilities included troubleshooting, training, remote Unix administration, writing data extraction, or automation scripts.
- TeamPlay.Org: (retired) I was the lead programmer and editorialist behind the Teamplay.Org website. This was a community website for gaming clans in team-based multiplayer online games. I developed software to manage the website including adding news, managing features and editorials, and a player/clan database.
- Aes de Danaan: (retired) I was the webmaster/programmer for the Aes de Danaan guild for the game Dark Age of Camelot. I developed a database to keep track of the guild-members, the guild structure, and the relative strengths and balances within the guild.
- The Realm of the Hawke: http://hawke.dsl.xmission.com/~hawke/haven/ I started collecting the thoughts and ideas I have had during MMORPG discussions and message-board participation. The result is a miniature design document and project page.
- Other: I've been a computer 'tinkerer' since 1984. I started out programming BASIC on my C64, and have been in the thick of computer technology since then. I'm full-time tech support for my friends and family and am a member of many online organizations.
- Marc Hawke: An online search for "Marc Hawke" will result (with only a couple exceptions (mostly from AOL)) exclusively in references to me. I've been an Internet presence with the name Marc Hawke since 1996.
- Programming: I have been trained in programming with C,C++ and Java. I have extensive experience in programming with Perl, Perl-CGI, and HTML.
- Problem Solving: I am an expert at problem solving and finding innovative solutions to problems. I'm also skilled at identifying and clarifying the underlying problems instead of simply treating symptoms.
- Internet and Video Game savvy: I've been online for 10 years, and gaming for 20.